Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Super Power

What Am I Thinking?

"Mom can I go out tonight?"
"No, sweetheart."
"But mom..."
"I said no, and that's final!"

Of course, this may seem to be a problem to any regular underage human. Thankfully, I'm not one of them. After this short exchanging of words, I took out the garbage, did the dishes, walked the dog, cleaned the bathroom, made lunch, and even made my mothers bed. All without her asking. I do this quite frequantly. Some may say I play with the system. As far as I see it, I consider it helpful manipulation. For me. During tests I use my secret weapon. It's cheating, I know. But how can you go wrong with a 5.0 GPA? This trick may have helped me snag a date or two as well. This all seems like a sceam to everyone else, but me. Without having the ability to read minds, I wouldn't have started dating my boyfriend. Nor would I have been accepted to UBC on a full scholarship. I know it all  seems wrong. But I've used my power for good. About a year ago, I deaf women tell her husband how much she loves him. And just about last week I helped a family of ducks to get back to their pond. Not everything I do to better me. Reading minds is something I was born with and I've learned to use it well. I bet you're wondering if I can read what you're thinking right now. And wouldn't you like to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment